Bleeding Gums Dentist Kennesaw, GA
Don’t let bleeding gums bring you down
A great smile starts with healthy gums
Unfortunately, many people suffer from gum disease, also called periodontal disease, without even realizing it. At Hildreth Dental, we believe in treating the root cause of gum sensitivity and disease. Let our experienced team help you achieve healthy gums and a confident smile.
What causes bleeding gums?
Bleeding gums can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Poor oral hygiene: Inadequate brushing and flossing can lead to the buildup of plaque and tartar on teeth, which can irritate the gums and cause bleeding.
- Gingivitis: This is a common form of gum disease caused by the buildup of bacteria in plaque that causes inflammation of the gums. Gingivitis can lead to bleeding, redness, and swelling of the gums.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as blood thinners, can cause bleeding gums as a side effect.
- Vitamin deficiencies: A lack of vitamin C or K can weaken blood vessels and cause bleeding gums.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy or menstruation can cause increased blood flow to the gums, leading to bleeding.
- Ill-fitting dentures or dental appliances can cause irritation and rubbing against the gums, leading to bleeding.
If you experience bleeding gums, we’ll help you determine the underlying cause and receive appropriate treatment. Call us at (770) 424-1705.
What to do if you’re experiencing bleeding or sensitivity in your gums?
- No need to worry! It’s unlikely that any serious danger is imminent.
- To temporarily relieve the pain in your mouth, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen.
- Schedule an appointment with Hildreth
- Dental’s dentists to examine your gums and teeth.
Our experienced team can help determine the cause of your sensitive gums and recommend the best course of treatment for you. We’ll be happy to answer all of your questions and assist you in making an informed decision about your oral health.
Bleeding Gums Treatments
At Hildreth Dental, we understand that every patient’s situation is unique. Therefore, we offer customized sensitive gums treatment options to address the root cause of your issue.
We typically recommend periodontal therapy to get your oral health back on track. This includes a deep cleaning and more frequent teeth cleanings to ensure your gums are in tip-top shape.
Regular cleanings are great, but sometimes you need an extra to keep your gums healthy. That’s where deep cleanings come in! Our specialized tools are able to remove tartar, periodontal disease-causing bacteria, and plaque from below the gumline – an area that regular cleanings just can’t reach.
This treatment is completed in 2 steps:
- Scaling is the first step, where we remove all plaque and tartar pockets from underneath your gumline.
- Then we move to root planing, using a scaling tool to smooth your tooth roots and help your teeth naturally reattach to your gums.
This process is essential for getting your gums back to their healthiest state. Rest assured. We’ll conduct a comprehensive exam and take any necessary X-rays to ensure that periodontal therapy and deep cleaning are the right choices for your unique situation. Your oral health is our top priority, and we’ll do everything we can to help you achieve a confident, pain-free smile.
Ready to get your sensitive gums under control and achieve a healthy, pain-free smile?
I’ve been a patient for 12yrs. I’ve always been taking care. The staff has always been wonderful. I look forward to being a patient for the next 12yrs.
Our Kennesaw Dentist Office
2430 Powell Place NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our office is located right off of Cobb Parkway behind the BB&T Bank.
Mon-Thur: 8am - 5pm